:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin_blockch…
Author: William Swanson
To: Eric Voskuil
CC: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin_blockchain now stores tx hashes
In a sense, we already have "get_history" in the new protocol - just
do a "get transactions" query starting from block 0 with no result
limit, and specifying an address "prefix" that's 160 bits long (in
other words, the whole address). This will return all transactions for
a particular address. The client can trivially match inputs to outputs
and build the `history_list` structure we have today.

Of course, that's a bit more expensive from a bandwidth point of view
than what we have now. It may be that we add a new "summary" option to
the result_type structure as an optimization, as Eric suggests. Or,
maybe we remove the "utxo" result type and replace it with "summary."
We'll have to give this protocol some real-world use before we can
come to any sort of definite conclusion.

-William