:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin_blockch…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: Amir Taaki, libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin_blockchain now stores tx hashes
I assume that by fixed you mean full/not-prefixed addresses. Based on
that assumption I see it as a two part question:

1. non-private query by address

In development of the new protocol we agreed that as a rule there should
be no queries that must be used in a non-private manner. IOW all queries
would be "prefixed" and only if a caller choses to trade privacy for
performance would all bits of the prefix be specified.

2. query for summary (history) information

A query for summary information is useful for a stateless server
trusting client, but not for full-chain, spv or caching server trusting
clients.

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin_protocol#client-type

We incorporated such support into the protocol, although only in the
form of utxo results, not complete history. We should probably add a
history_result to the results enumeration.

As we are working on SPV and require private queries I would expect to
use this in our wallet.