:: Re: [Bricolabs] Bricophone?
Author: Jaromil
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Bricophone?
On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Jean-Noël Montagné wrote:

> >I'm curious about what the Bricophone project
> >(http://nlnet.nl/project/bricophone/) has become. Have prototypes been
> >made? Do they work? Are you still working on this?
> >

> No. The project is still waiting for developpement. The nlnet
> presentation was a little bit "vaporwared" to attract engineers, but
> it didn't work.

I think this is a flaw in the way of action for funding projects.

Here is a suggestion: why not, instead of starting from the vapour and
sometimes reinventing the wheel/duplicate effort, not join a project
where developers are already active? Yes, sometimes they do have poor
communication skills or in the worst case arrogant against
"non-techies", but this is a a situation we have mostly learned to
overcome today I believe.

The "Vapourware" experts :^) can be very good on certain things: to
reach audience/funding, but also developing better narratives which feed
back into development and help the project get better and developers to
progress their consciousness (and get out of a sort of common "autism"
on the world vision that they often enforce with their creations..)

so, well. I think that from the perspective of someone good with
narration the best start is look around (Observation, first design rule
in Permaculture too, then Boundaries...) and eventually join a project
that is of interest, has tangential characteristics, exists maybe
already as a prototype, but lacks more work on the narration and what
one could call "fundraising" and such.

The other way around in my experience often produces well-funded
vaporware, this is very common in the last decades of EU projects and
the corporations have understood it well how to exploit it, for
instance.

At last, we have a lot of need for this kind of help in Dyne.org,
grateful to Rob for his involvement in http://Dowse.equipment now

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: 6113 D89C A825 C5CE DD02 C872 73B3 5DA5 4ACB 7D10