:: Re: [Bricolabs] Bricophone?
Author: Jean-Noël Montagné
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Bricophone?

>I'm curious about what the Bricophone project
>(http://nlnet.nl/project/bricophone/) has become. Have prototypes been
>made? Do they work? Are you still working on this?

No. The project is still waiting for developpement. The nlnet
presentation was a little bit "vaporwared" to attract engineers, but
it didn't work.

The actual project of the bricophone is to make a send message system
only, with a length of letters twitter-like.

The engineering problem is not to build a mesh network without
coordinator in the topology ( according to wikipedia there are more
than 70 competing schemes for routing packets across mesh networks )

It's not having a very low cost, low consumption chip+antenna+battery/supercap

It's not finding free ISM frequencies

it's just to find engineers who accept to work on such a device with
the minimal feature of text messaging only.....

http://bricophone.org

cheers
JN