:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Tonight's Bitcoin: D…
Author: Vitalik Buterin
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Tonight's Bitcoin: Discrimination of Coloured Coins [VIDEO]
Exclusive preview:

A Google Authenticator two-factor-authentication enabled wallet using
2-of-3 multisig. Basically, it creates the multisig between the server, a
private key deterministically generated from your username+password, and a
randomly generated pair that you are instructed to save using some external
backup mechanism that is necessary for backup in case you lose your
password or your second factor.

http://46.4.92.107:3191/

Try and sign up, and deposit and withdraw a bitcent. I'm deliberately
withholding any clearer explanation as a usability test; you should be able
to figure out what's going on on your own.

See also, the MultiGui, the world's best generic multisignature transaction
interface:

http://46.4.92.107:3190/multigui

I'd love to hear what you all think before I release these two things more
widely.

Note that then "Google" in Google Authenticator does not mean anything
scary; it's an open-source algorithm and Google gets no data whatsoever.

Done:

1. The basic interface; you can deposit and withdraw money.
2. Everything that is supposed to stay private to you remains client-side,
thanks to a few days of tireless work trying to get BitcoinJS to _actually
work_.

Still to do (not in any particular order):

1. "I lost my password" recovery using backup key + authenticator
2. Custom withdrawal conditions (eg. withdrawal limits, perhaps require
stronger manual levels of authentication, eg. skype voice chat / phone
voice call, passport, in-person even)
3. Somehow integrate fees for the manual service
4. "I lost my authenticator" recovery solution
5. Desktop python interface
6. Chrome extension
7. Egora integration
8. (longer term) Make my own bitcoinjs fork, and make it _good_. Support
the same API as my http://github.com/pybitcointools and
http://github.com/node-sx
9. Make some improvements to the MultiGui (some people have suggested a few
changes, still need to implement those)
10. Listen to your comments!