:: Re: [Frei0r] debianize it -- was Re…
Author: IOhannes m zmoelnig
To: frei0r
New-Topics: Re: [Frei0r] debianize it
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] debianize it -- was Re: In the works...
On 2012-07-11 19:47, Robin Gareus wrote:

> That depends from maintainer to maintainer and was one of the
> reasons the debian-pkg-maintainers umbrella has been created.
>
> The current state of frei0r and freeJ in debian is indeed dismal
> at best. Great to hear that IOhannes took the initiative. Jonas
> already jumped onto it. If more man-power is needed I'm happy to
> contribute as well.

thanks robin for the heads up.

so i contacted luca, and got the following:

On 2012-07-11 18:48, Luca Bigliardi wrote:
> Hi Iohannes,
>
> I'll be happy if frei0r and freej packages will get a new
> maintainer.
>
> Please note that around Februrary Jonas Smedegaard <dr@???>

asked to
> jump in and work on frei0r packages. You might want to get in

contact with
> him to avoid duplicating efforts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luca

i also contacted pkg-multimedia to see what they think of atking over
frei0r and freej and got the following response from jonas (the full
conversaition is at [1]).

On 2012-07-11 19:37, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 12-07-11 at 07:03pm, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> [...] i would like to maintain those packages under the umbrella
>> of the pkg-multimedia-team. [...]
>
> Yesss!
>
> I have a git for frei0r (from my NMU in february). I'll dust it
> off

and
> push it!
>
> I also look at freej a while back (if I recall correctly I even
> looked at it before it was put into Debian).
>
> I'd be happy to work with you on those, IOhannes.

so it seems that now we have some people that are willing to really
maintain these packages in debian.

fmgasdr
IOhannes

[1]