:: Re: [Bricolabs] all watched over
Author: m3shrom
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] all watched over
On 07/05/12 23:45, Felipe Fonseca wrote:
> Hi Bricos
> I've been keeping quiet here... lots going on these days. Got back to
> studying after a decade, moved temporarily another city, struggling to
> keep on doing things and simultaneously make a living. I always keep
> an eye on brico-discussions, but have little time to write nowadays.
>
> Anyway, last week I watched the whole three episodes of a doc made
> last year by adam curtis + bbc, "all watched over by machines of
> loving grace":
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/AdamCurtis-AllWatchedOverByMachinesOfLovingGrace
>

> I'm still trying to digest all the seemingly valid and needed
> criticism distilled along those three ours of videos and would like to
> ask if any of you has watched it and would have comments to spare.

I love Adam Curtis videos and that series really made me think. However
I think that it's really good to watch this video as a critique of the
style as well. The video is a spoof of all the Adam Curtis videos.

--//
The Loving Trap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
In a landmark new documentary produced for YouTube, Adam Curtis has not
examined his career and laid bare his style in the light of some
confused academic papers he stumbled across on the internet. Instead, I
have plundered various video archives and ripped him off, up, down,
left, right and back again.