:: Re: [dyne:bolic] big problem! HD sc…
Author: cape
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] big problem! HD screwed up!
YESSS!
I don't know how it appened, but i fixed everything!!
What i've done is running "badblock" from knoppix which found and repaired a dozen of blocks (maybe those blocks that the goddamn chkdsk couldn't fix), then i recreated the boot sector and MBR and ran chkdsk another time... et voilà!

I'm pretty sure that d:b is to blame since i always have to shut it down "manually" because it get stuck every time it reaches "exiting syslogd". I'll put my nest on a usb stick and manually umount my HD before shutting down, but is there a way to debug syslogd behaviour?

Sorry if i'm spamming your mailinglist...