:: Re: [dyne:bolic] big problem! HD sc…
Author: andrea bertolasi
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] big problem! HD screwed up!
Did you try to "see" the hard disk from bios?
If the bios cannot see the hard disk it's not something you can fix
with a chkdsk.
And in that case it could be the hard disk that is dead, or the eide
channel or the eide cable. So you should try ro read the same hard
disk on a different machine.

at last, form linux shell, as root try
fdisk -l
to see what it see