:: Re: [dyne:bolic] RASTASOFT operatin…
Author: Carsten Agger
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] RASTASOFT operating system - dyne:II GNU/Linux2.5.2DHORUBA - final release
jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> I use Emacs as an editor, which provides 'ctags' and 'ebrowse' for
> such purpose. I don't really use it a lot (takes time to get used to
> the keys), anyway ctags is comfortable.
>
> Most programmers i know use Vim and that has also a similar
> extension,
> i think is called 'cmode'.

I normally use Vim with ctags, and I use it a lot - it's really handy, once you get used to it (the default is Ctrl-Alt-] to follow a tag and Ctrl-T to go back, but in gvim you can also use Ctrl+LMB).

There's another program called "cscope" which can also tell you where a function is called and let you choose between implementation and declaration of functions, etc., but for me, ctags is normally fine to navigate the code.

GNU global I haven't tried, but according to the description it looks fine.

br
Carsten

--
http://www.modspil.dk