:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dans dyne wish lis…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Eric Tucker
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] dans dyne wish list
Hello everybody, I like the responses from these emails , they seem to be pretty positive and constructive. I also think since this is a multimedia CD we also need to keep up with some in between areas of the Video and Audio aspects of this project meaning just plain old graphics tools that compliment the Gimp such as: dyne modules for (Xara,Inkscape) also Multimedia goes hand in hand with the internet so also needed would be modules for web develepment such as a Flash development platform if one exists and also some other options for web development such as Blue Fish,Quanta plus and Wget. A quick and dirty DVD copy tools such as Vobcopy would be nice as well as some extensive tutorials on how to use some of the programs included. These are of course just wish list ideas. Oh also I intend to develope a web site because thats what I do, and this site will be for a few Linux projects combined, with intent to generate funding for projects such as Dyne and others. This site
will be set up as a graphics art site at first, for such projects. From this site you will be able to obtain exclusive one of a kind art work for one of the projects hosted for a modest minimum donation fee of which a full 95 % of these proceeds will be forwarded off to the holder of the project selected by the visitor via instant payment via paypal. I will retain the other 5% for maintainance of web site and other business expenses. If everyone would do some kind of generous contributional effort like this via some aspect of what they can contribute such as artwork or something else. I call this bartering for funds. We might see linux efforts go further faster and make some real world competition to those other guys who do everything with big bucks. If more of us would participate in other ways other than just codeing efforts linux would propagate at a much faster rate than it is now experiencing. I think the main reason why most people shy away from linux efforts is
because they think they just have to be coders to contrubute to the causes, what linux needs even more is Marketing People, Sales People and Designers ie(Tutorial Designers) and most importantly Entrepaneurs and Teachers.

Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@???> wrote: On 3/20/07, jaromil wrote:
> it means i'll release updates for the dyne.sys and mostly for the
> initrd.gz and all related scripts; but i will leave to this community
> the task of updating and organizing the software modules.
> i will also be busy in setting up more distributed services (publishing
> modules for instance) to facilitate all that, using dyne.org servers.

Jaromil,

I see this as being a very, very good thing. In fact, I might
consider shipping just the core alone, and moving all modules
(audio.dyne, video.dyne, etc.) into the modules section. This way
even more bulk can be moved from the "main" dyne:bolic, and people can
opt to use whatever they want. I totally agree with this approach.

> problem is that so far we had very little funding and no consistent
> donations, so i'm donating my own money earned with little jobs and
> workshops on d:b to pay someone that can do what i cannot do anymore.

Might be time for a funding drive. I wonder if we could get something
like that going for you, and see what we can come up with?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com