:: Re: [dyne:bolic] 2.2 XRUNS !!!
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mike clemow
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] 2.2 XRUNS !!!
Eduard,

If you're serious about setting up a music studio with Linux, you might do
better to use a regular distribution rather than a nomadic distribution
(CD-based). Dyne:bolic is tailored more for independent journalists than
music producers. There are a number of good music distributions, some of
them more complicated than others: Musix, Studio-to-go (non-free), Demudi,
and the new 64studio (which I use). The last two have a realtime-patched
kernel which is key for audio work.

That said, if you're sticking with dyne:bolic for this project, here's my
advice: More RAM would be great. 512mb is going to be handy if you're
recoding 12 tracks at once at that resolution. Even docked, I think
(correct me if I'm wrong) that some of your RAM is being sucked up by a
ramdisk with Dyne. Also, even with a realtime kernel, my jack buffer is set
to 4 to completely avoid xruns, so try that. If your interface supports
hardware monitoring, that's always the best solution, as it's zero-latency
by design. Unless you're using soft-synths too, you won't notice the
difference. The biggest difference is going to be setting jack to it's
optimal settings.

Good luck,
Clem