:: Re: [DNG] What are you using for a …
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] What are you using for a firewall/router
Thanks guys for your responses!

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 8:30 PM Charles via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> I am using opnsense on a Dell 5070 and seems to be doing OK.
> I have a 4 port nic also running different networks for isolation.

I have a copy of opnsense 23.7 running - - - except when I try to update it
- - - well it tells me I have an authentication error and does nothing.
Have
tried asking what to do on the forum and the response is extremely
comforting
- - - there isn't one.

> I check in with it once in a while but the setup wizard should give you a
> functioning firewall router like a regular commercial router.
>
> This is the guide I used:
>

> https://homenetworkguy.com/how-to/beginners-guide-to-set-up-home-network-using-opnsense/
>
> He has some guides for making it more hardened also.

Thanks for the tips.

(Copy of opnsense is not yet working as my router/firewall - - - I just
have it sitting
there - - - wanted to test the thing - - - really not liking that there is
no way to update
the software. I suppose that I'm supposed to learn FreeBSD now so that I
can achieve
that.)

Wondering if others will still chime in with their tips.

TIA