:: Re: [DNG] What are you using for a …
Author: Adrian Zaugg
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What are you using for a firewall/router

In der Nachricht vom Tuesday, 30 April 2024 12:48:53 CEST schrieb o1bigtenor
via Dng:
> (Copy of opnsense is not yet working as my router/firewall - - - I just
> have it sitting
> there - - - wanted to test the thing - - - really not liking that there is
> no way to update
> the software. I suppose that I'm supposed to learn FreeBSD now so that I
> can achieve
> that.)

No certainly not. I'm using either OPNSense or pfSense since years and there
is no need to learn FreeBSD for it. Both are really capable firewall systems
(and way better than IPFire for example).

Updates work normally on these quite well. If not, svae the config (anyway do
this before you upgrade), erase and reinstall, load the config and your back
on track. Reinstallation is done within minutes (except if your box is super
slow).

Regards, Adrian.