:: Re: [DNG] Lua
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lua
On Sat, Oct 19, 2024 at 10:47 AM <karl@???> wrote:

> olbigtenor:
> > On Sat, Oct 19, 2024 at 8:39 AM Kevin Chadwick via Dng
> > <dng@???> wrote:

> > > What do you mean by pid control; setreseuid?
> > >
> > I was looking into was PID control even meant.
>
> code for a pid regulator is here, look in pid.h for doc.:
> https://aspodata.se/git/c/libaspocontrol/
>
> plain PID:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_regulator
>
> for a more advance regulator:
> https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slva662/slva662.pdf
>
> more on the subject:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_theory
> https://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/865.21/topics/control/01_intro.html
> https://stevefrank.org/control/controlBook.pdf
>
> One thing to look out for is that you will probably change the
> controller parameters in a running system, that your parameter
> change doesn't make the regulation take a jump.

The process I am working toward controlling will have a water bath for
process control temperature. I must have the air over the process 1 C
warmer than the process. Vat T must be provably uniform (constant slow
speed stirring). Inputs from a 80 (or 85) C hot water and 4 C cold water
will be used to either heat or cool the structure. Process is monitored to
+/- 0.2 C and I want to hold that T as closely as possible to 1 C over
recommended T - - - no more and no less (if I can achieve +/- 0.5 C
in the process i will consider moving to + 0.75 C over recommended
T. So its not exactly a simple control.

> > the fortran language has some very interesting and
> > useful constructs
> > which make programming a pid control much more straightforward.
>
> What constructs, show me.

Its a while - - - maybe even a couple years since I was digging around on
the web and found this particular fortran code. Looking for it right now
- - - well - - - Murphy wins (Murphy's rules - - you know when you need
something you won't be able to find it!!).

I was intrigued to see the accuracy of control that was possible which is
why that idea has stuck in my brain.

Regards