:: Re: [DNG] Lua
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lua
On Sat, Oct 19, 2024 at 8:39 AM Kevin Chadwick via Dng
<dng@???> wrote:

> 19 Oct 2024 13:28:12 o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???>:
>
> > When it comes to PID control - - - my digging around (some time ago
> > but in the last year or so) it would seem that fortran just owns that corner
>
> What do you mean by pid control; setreseuid?

I was looking into was PID control even meant.
(Where one desires to effect a change and control not only the rate of
change but
also the following over and under shoot trying to get the best
possible result in the
shortest time.)
Then I found there was a serous body of literature on the
mathematics/programming
of such (there a serious number of variations available each with
their attendant pros
and cons) and found - - - when looking for software to learn how to
possibly do this
for myself that the fortran language has some very interesting and
useful constructs
which make programming a pid control much more straightforward.

HTH