:: [DNG] Ada curated libraries [was Re…
Author: kc-devuan
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Ada curated libraries [was Re: Lua]
19 Oct 2024 11:35:12 Didier Kryn <kryn@???>:

There are also the Ada and Gnat libraries.

Ironclad used by Gloire OS just got some funding from nlnet.

Grady Booch original 83 components still build with the latest Gnat compiler without any special flags. There must be masses of Ada code lying around in defense departments and floppies, cds etc. It would be great if all that code on the brink of being lost from the 80s and 90s was released as open source. I'm not sure how best to make that happen.

> Just an example. I don't think I will use it in rewriting my web server because I take this rewrite as an opportunity to re-learn more basic things.

There is ews which is a simple server meant for embedded use too. Though perhaps still avoids the learning.