:: Re: [DNG] Re (2): custom initramfs…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Re (2): custom initramfs,
On Thu, 17 Oct 2024 16:30:27 -0700, Gregory wrote in message
<ZxGeE6HmUkOuUOl6@???>:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 12:18:06PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > That URL times out when I try it.
>
> It works for me. However, this seems to be a modified distribution
> based on debian squeeze. I don't see what it has to do with my
> question.

..debian squeeze is the best Debian starting point for your Devuan
installation, just follow those installation instructions until the
upgrade stage, then swap out all debian lines for devuan lines in
your /etc/apt/sources file and upgrade your Debian Squeeze install
to e.g. Devuan Daedalus.

..as I've said many times before, forking Devuan off Debian Jessie
was a mistake, I would have had us fork Devuan off Debian Squeeze,
but I wasn't around here to help make that decision when it was done.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: