:: Re: [DNG] info pages
Author: dvalin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] info pages
On 06.10.24 16:51, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:

> But above that I rather wish that info pages would go away and that the

> effort be put back into the manual pages, which are more important

> anyway.  Manual pages are not tutorials, they are reference

> documents and as part of the system such documentation is obligatory.

In order to render an info maze to a flat text file, I just:

$ info ld > ~/unix/help_files/ld

Then you could more/less that with the searching they provide, but I

find it convenient to roam around in the info with vim, not least

because it is then quick to snaffle a particularly useful sentence or

two, and paste it into my notes for easier access.

Then, for me, the info maze does not exist. The walls of the rat runs

have been mowed flat, granting direct unhindered access. (I suspect that a GUI is the same steaming pile of offal, but with colours.)

Erik