:: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you us…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: o1bigtenor
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you use?
Likely might be considered to be veering OT - - - please advise.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 5:18 AM onefang <onefang_devuan@???>
wrote:

> On 2024-09-21 10:55:32, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>
> snip

> Which is another reason why I want to get my SpaceMouse Pro to act like
> the joystick it really is. I have a joystick to MIDI program, imagine
> six axis of control in the palm of your hand, 15 buttons around it, all
> driving MIDI synths and effects controls. I think that would make for a
> truly awesome musical instrument. Then add my actual joystick in the
> other hand (this I have working now), with it's 4 axis and 12 buttons.
>
> Hmmmmm - - - now if you want an awesome musical instrument, (you have now

strayed into my beloved stomping grounds - - - - grin!), what about a great
grand
piano (I have heard a highly skilled pianist playing from full score who
could differential
between different instruments in the orchestra), or say a very nice 3 or 4
manual
pipe organ, then if you really want interesting further up the scale - - -
well try
conducting a choir where they pretty much all really want to sing and if
you can
well a large concert band or perhaps even an orchestra - - - - now that's a
really
neat instrument - - - - haven't found an electronic equivalent yet!!!

> Last workspace on the main monitor is just a spare for random things.
>
> Workspaces - - - I 'only' have some 40 virtual ones. Have the bad habit of

leaving
browser tabs open in each regarding whatever I was digging into in the
specific
meta topic. This many virtual desktops and the far too many browser windows
and tabs results in a graphically challenged system so I get to reboot
every
couple weeks. (I live with that for the rest of the workflow
enhancements!!)

Find myself wishing that I could control javascript somehow - - - - ideas?

Regards