:: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martin Steigerwald
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
Hi!

the pterodactyl - 26.09.24, 10:26:40 CEST:
> Howdy Devuaners,
>
> Can someone "in the know" please tell us what this is about and whether
> we all should start a re-install movie en masse? […]

Thanks for the notice in advance.

I do not see anything on oss-security mailing list yet. Especially nothing
actionable. Being embargoed could be a reason for that.

But in what you quoted from a slashdot source you did not provide a link
to "no working fix is still available".

So how do you come to conclusion that a re-install will help?

I wait for independent confirmation and something actionable.

And otherwise install updates timely. Maybe with that I will have a fix
once the issue, if there truly is any, is made public.

With security issues it is important to stay clear-headed. And prepare to
act when there is something actionable instead of doing something random
in the sheer hope it may help.

Best,
--
Martin