:: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
Inizio della pagina
Autore: dng@d404.nl
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
On 31-08-2024 16:58, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi Steve.
>
> Steve Litt - 31.08.24, 16:12:00 CEST:
>> Several disadvantages of Exim were discussed in a different thread. So
>> my question: Why use Exim instead of Postfix or Qmail?
> This evades me. I have no idea.
>
> First thing with any new installation that has Exim on it is to replace it
> by Postfix.
>
> I once heard from someone preferring and using Exim that it would be
> possible to configure it in a more flexible way.
>
> I don't know. Whatever I needed so far I could also do with Postfix.
> Combined with rspamd and Dovecot it is a complete mail server solution for
> me. Running inside an Incus container on a Devuan based server. The
> container itself is running Alpine Linux. Works like a charm and I see no
> reason to change it.
>
> Best,

I have every outside facing system equipped with Postfix in a docker
container. My desktops runs Thunderbird and everything else runs Exim
because it is the default for Debian/Devuan. Normally the only thing you
have to change in Exim is the setting for using the outgoing mailserver.
Configuring for Rspamd, DKIM, DMARC, SPF should be possible but I prefer
the well documented Postfix settings.

Grtz.

Nick