:: Re: [DNG] Trouble updating Daedalus
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Hendrik Boom
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Trouble updating Daedalus
On Sat, Aug 24, 2024 at 10:19:56AM +0100, Kevin Chadwick via Dng wrote:
> 23 Aug 2024 20:32:32 nisp1953 via Dng <dng@???>:
>
> > I am having trouble updating my sources.When I run the command :
> >
> > # apt-get upgrade
> >
> > I get:
>
> Looks like you have sorted it. On KDE I sometimes have to hit disconnect on a ghost interface and connect on a new eth0 interface in the systray before my connection works. I thought I had sorted it by turning automatic connect on in it's settings but it seems to still happen now, perhaps due to rebooting or coincidence. Not a big issue to quickly click and I have morr important things to do but I should probably look into it a bit more.

It happens to me when I use connman to connect to the internet vio wifi.
Connman overwrites /etc/resolv.conf and redirects all DNS lookups to itself.
Connman also caches results. There seems to be no way to clear the cache,
so if the round-robin choice of deb.devuan.org ever provides a dud server
connman is doomed to always provide that dud server.
Changing the URL, as Kevin did, should work for me, too.
Instead, I've been editing /etc/resolv.conf to point to a known good
DNS server after connecting via connman.

I suspect it would be more elegant to use a different program to establish
my wifi connection.

-- hendrik