:: Re: [DNG] Trouble updating Daedalus
Kezdőlap
Szerző: tito
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Trouble updating Daedalus
On Sat, 24 Aug 2024 09:56:43 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2024 at 10:19:56AM +0100, Kevin Chadwick via Dng wrote:
> > 23 Aug 2024 20:32:32 nisp1953 via Dng <dng@???>:
> >
> > > I am having trouble updating my sources.When I run the command :
> > >
> > > # apt-get upgrade
> > >
> > > I get:
> >
> > Looks like you have sorted it. On KDE I sometimes have to hit disconnect on a ghost interface and connect on a new eth0 interface in the systray before my connection works. I thought I had sorted it by turning automatic connect on in it's settings but it seems to still happen now, perhaps due to rebooting or coincidence. Not a big issue to quickly click and I have morr important things to do but I should probably look into it a bit more.
>
> It happens to me when I use connman to connect to the internet vio wifi.
> Connman overwrites /etc/resolv.conf and redirects all DNS lookups to itself.
> Connman also caches results. There seems to be no way to clear the cache,
> so if the round-robin choice of deb.devuan.org ever provides a dud server
> connman is doomed to always provide that dud server.
> Changing the URL, as Kevin did, should work for me, too.
> Instead, I've been editing /etc/resolv.conf to point to a known good
> DNS server after connecting via connman.
>
> I suspect it would be more elegant to use a different program to establish
> my wifi connection.
>
> -- hendrik

Hi,
from connman manpage:

 -r, --nodnsproxy
              Do not act as a DNS proxy or support  external  DNS  resolving.  Depending  on  how
              ConnMan is compiled, it will by default direct all DNS traffic to itself by setting
              nameserver to 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf(5)  file  or  leave  DNS  management  to  an
              external entity, such as systemd-resolved. If this is not desired and you want that
              all programs call directly some DNS server,  then  you  can  use  the  --nodnsproxy
              option.  If  this option is used, then ConnMan is not able to cache the DNS queries
              because the DNS traffic is not going through ConnMan and that can cause some  extra
              network traffic.

So add -r to the options of the script from where connman is started.

look also at manpage connman-service.config (and manpage connman.conf not so interesting)

Ciao,
Tito