:: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
On Aug 22, 2024, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2024 at 11:57 PM Steve Litt <slitt@???>
> wrote:
>
> > o1bigtenor via Dng said on Wed, 21 Aug 2024 11:09:19 -0500
> >

> > >Except I just want to get the job done - - - I don't want to learn
> > >things which give me perhaps umpteen different way to "blow my own leg
> > >off" !!!!!!!!
> >
> > Then Python is your dream language for anything that either has a short
> > run time or whose bottleneck is user input.
> >
> Hmmmmmmm - - - so you're suggesting that Python doesn't do runtime in
> applications - - ie processes where time is measured in days or months?

Yeah, that's more or less the case for Python, at least on the common
"Desktop PC" architectures.

You never really answered my question from a couple of weeks ago (or if
you did, I apologize as I lost it in the googol of twists and turns this
thread has taken) :

Why are you doing this? (pick the closest answer)

    (A) I already know Python well, and "on a microcontroller" sounds
        like a fun thing to try.
    (B) I want to get into programming microcontrollers, hopefully
        as a long-term hobby
    (C) I have this project idea, and I heard Python is easy.

--
|_|O|_|