:: [DNG] CSS: was Why MVC: was Why C/C…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] CSS: was Why MVC: was Why C/C++ ?
Peter Duffy said on Wed, 21 Aug 2024 15:08:23 +0100

>(The perennial problem with web development, for me, is CSS. The
>complexity of v3 - especially the grid module - is just mind-boggling.
>(Having said that - grid layout is a massive improvement on anything
>preceding it.) Then there's the requirement these days to write
>"responsive" sites - starting with something that works and looks good
>on a mobile phone, and then using "progressive enhancement" to work up
>towards big (normal?) displays. It's just so counter-intuitive.)

The progressive enhancement is almost trivial. I'll explain it at the
next GoLUG meeting. I'll try to put something about the grid stuff too.
It can be challenging, but not that bad.

CSS is the most beautiful technology I've ever seen, and it has pretty
clear definitions. The problem is that nobody's teaching it right, and
that nobody uses ALL its capabilities, because knowing all its
capability would be a very heavy lift.

Come to the next GoLUG meeting, and send me any questions beforehand.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com