:: Re: [DNG] gemini
Author: marc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] gemini
> Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem to be packaged for Devuan.
> I guess it's time for installation from source.

Head over to https://codeberg.org/kr1sp1n/awesome-gemini

and marvel at the number of gemini clients. Many
of them are toys, but some of them are not.

Writing a modern web browser is a daunting task.
Writing a gemini client people do for fun in a
couple of days - even in awk or common lisp.

Nifty ones are bollux or astro. Not because of their
full set of features or stability, but because their code
can be read - quite accessible to somebody
who has written the occasional /etc/init.d/ script,
so the average classically trained sysadmin :)

Read bollux for its comments, astro for its
straightforward approach. Or pick something
else in your favourite language... and the
protocol docs are quite simple too.

The lack of debian packages is something worth
meditating on, and perhaps just a bit concerning,
might suggest burnout of maintainers or
something worse...

regards

marc