:: Re: [DNG] gemini
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] gemini
Hendrik Boom - 19.07.24, 15:52:32 CEST:
> > Gemini got google-bombed into oblivion by Google itself last year,
> > probably on purpose. Here is the main site for Gemini:
> >
> > https://geminiprotocol.net/
> >
> > It's a super simple file format over a super simple protocol. It's
> > not suitable for large files though. Agate and Vger are decent
> > servers. Amfora is a decent client, but others will prefer something
> > else.
> Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem to be packaged for Devuan.
> I guess it's time for installation from source.

If you just quickly want to have a look at it you can install Kristall
package.

And this would be one Gemini page:

gemini://jeacle.ie/amiga/

Lol, I did not check before… but the source of that page looks a bit
similar to Markdown.

That is interesting. It does not even use one of the usual XML/HTML based
markup languages. Or it is even some multi format stuff?

Gemini appears to be quite a bit different.

gemini://vger.kernel.org did not work: "The server didn’t respond in
time."

Is there some search engine that outputs Gemini links?

Best,
--
Martin