:: Re: [DNG] Firefox 128 leaks user da…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] gemini
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox 128 leaks user data
On 7/19/24 16:03, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 09:25:47AM +0200, marc wrote:

[snip]>> For systemd we have the valiant efforts of devuan, and for
>> the steaming pile that is the web, we have gemini
>
> Could I have a link, please? Searching for gemini all I find
> is Google AI software.

Gemini is not a replacement for the web. Parts of the WWW can still be
salvaged, but that means getting more people back into self-hosting
before it becomes effectively illegal.

Gemini got google-bombed into oblivion by Google itself last year,
probably on purpose. Here is the main site for Gemini:

https://geminiprotocol.net/

It's a super simple file format over a super simple protocol. It's
not suitable for large files though. Agate and Vger are decent servers.
Amfora is a decent client, but others will prefer something else.

/Lars