:: [DNG] KDE Desktop Question
Author: ashigaru53
To: dng_at_lists.dyne.org_ashigaru53@duck.com
Subject: [DNG] KDE Desktop Question
Hey Martin,
Very interesting writeup on KDE.
A comment and a question:

<snip>
> Yes, you read that right: Haiku. That BeOS successor I never tried so far.
> I believe it might be a quite beautiful operating system. And it would be
> a lot simpler than Linux these times. Very likely much more Amiga like.>

Thanks for the reminder on beOS. I've been on the search for an uncomplicated OS and completely forgot about beOS. Maybe Haiku might be worth look into.
I used beOS in late 1990's- early 2000's for an automated radio station music lineup and was so impressed I used it on other machines for automated stuff. Super fast and multi-threading on an old pentium at the time.

<snip>

And I have it on a ThinkPad X1 Gen 1 tables with 8 GiB of RAM with an Intel ultra low power processor. Absolutely no problem except for lack of support and in some aspects stability from the side of the Linux kernel. I plan to put it on a Shiftphone 6mq.

Just for my own clarity, I think you are referring to plasma mobile or was it icwm in the preceding paragraph on the shifphone6mq?

73
charles