:: Re: [DNG] Broadcom WiFi
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Broadcom WiFi
On Thu, 11 Jul 2024 11:58:13 -0700, Vernon wrote in message
<CAH-E_tUFiWqxpbJUbUZZxyceyixAOn0NNw1dmeSqne2GYQJkRA@???>:

> My Thinkpad X210 keeps overheating when I try to play videos through
> a web browser. I moved the hard drive to a Dell Latitude | E5510 and
> am unable to get a wireless connection.
>
> If I run a Live session from a USB stick, I can establish a wireless
> connection.
>
> Here is a link to a document which describes the steps I have taken
> so far:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14f5xoMLiQVO19__v2KXyk4nhvIbTHESNDQA6kHSz7sY/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

..aye, quite annoying.

..be aware that your Dell might need some rfkill help,
like 'rfkill list ' and maybe 'rfkill unblock all '.

..if those fail, chk out the output from Joel and Steve's command
suggestions on _both_ the usb-stick distro, and on your hard drive
distro, and compare those to find what works on the usb-stick.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: