:: [DNG] daedelus wi-fi bugs
Author: Jude DaShiell
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] daedelus wi-fi bugs
Choose 8 on the installer menu in a wi-fi only situation and you run into
the first bug since no pass phrase prompt is given impossible to log onto
wi-fi network. The 2 option gets chosen for wi-fi rather than ethernet
then the installer enters an infinite error loop.
Second bug, choose 7 on the installer menu.
Key all of the information in correctly to connect to wi-fi and devuan
persistently fails to connect.
It's possible networks like this are restricted in what flavors of linux
will install
These kind of neighborhoods have no devuan installs or debian installs in
them due to the same error. Archlinux cannot install in these
neighborhoods either.
Fedora 41, Jenux, and Accessible-Coconut will connect to the wi-fi network
correctly though. Jenux is a superset of archlinux and it's good the
developer was able to make this work.
I am not subscribed to this list for an excellent reason, specificly the
subscribe form requires javascript. I may try later with my iphone to set
up a subscription though.
The defective debian version is 12.6 bookworm if it helps.
File corruption on this network is incredible, I hope torrenting can be
done with no difficulty.

--
Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.