:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Góra strony
Autor: Michael S. Keller
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
On 5/30/24 6:49 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Sunday 26 May 2024 at 17:57:06, Jakub Juszczakiewicz via Dng wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>      For full backup nice tool is mksquashfs.

> I never feel comfortable about a backup which is in a compressed format.

For my automated backups, I use Back In Time to a ZFS dataset with
compression enabled. As Back In Time uses rsync with --link-dest, each
backup is a "full" backup, content is compressed at rest (file by file),
and encryption is possible, though I do not do that with my on-site media.

For my off-site backups, which are a subset of what Back In Time saves,
I build a compressed tarball, encrypt with GPG, and copy to a thumb
drive (a different one each week). I've built scripts to help with this.

This is how I do a form of 3-2-1 backups.

-Michael