:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Góra strony
Autor: Jakub Juszczakiewicz
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Hi all,

    For full backup nice tool is mksquashfs. It can be used in that way:
mksquashfs <in> <in2> .... <out>.squashfs -b 1M -comp zstd
-Xcompression-level 22
And encrypted by luks in that way:
truncate -s +8M <out>.squashfs
cryptsetup -q reencrypt --encrypt --type luks2 none --disable-locks
--reduce-device-size 8M <out>.squashfs
and e.g. add key file instead of password.

After that this file can be burned for DVD or Blu-ray. Random access.
Transparent compression. Transparent encryption. And read only format
forcing that backup and by destroy by overwrite some file without
destroy image, or rewrite whole.

Extra protip - squashfs can be extended.

---
Pozdrawiam (best regards),
Jakub Juszczakiewicz
Krypto-IT