:: Re: [DNG] Ubuntu as an incus guest?
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ubuntu as an incus guest?
Hi Steve.

Steve Litt - 28.06.24, 09:47:54 CEST:
> Don't shoot me.

But I may throw tomatoes at you? :)

Nah, I rather eat those than throwing them away.

> For certain specific tasks, I sometimes use Ubuntu as a qemu VM. How
> would it be using a Ubuntu incus container?

No idea, did not try Ubuntu as a container.

They have "ubuntu/noble/cloud" and "ubuntu/noble/desktop" as images. That
is the new 24.04 if I parsed the release name correctly. As well as tons
of older Ubuntu versions.

I did not mention it: Supposedly they can do VMs as well, not just LXC
containers. I cannot test it on my server as my provider does not enable
nested virtualization for the KVM machines they rent out. They are pretty
good and cheap otherwise, but they appear to prefer people to buy several
VMs instead of hosting a hypervisor in their VM.

> Could I use apt to add new software with apt commands?

I do not understand this question in this context. Sure you can use apt
inside a Ubuntu container?

Best,
--
Martin