著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
Tom via Dng said on Sun, 16 Jun 2024 22:14:12 +1000

>> On 15 Jun 2024, at 16:36, Steve Litt <slitt@???>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to recommend somebody, hopefully in a United States time
>> zone, who can authoritatively refute all the systemd bullshit. I
>> don't mean from a practical viewpoint; I could do that. I mean from a
>> byte-for-byte viewpoint.
>>
>> If you know of an authority who fits the bill, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> SteveT
>
>If you need a technical argument you could try Laurent Bercot from s6
>project.
>
>https://skarnet.org/software/systemd.html
>

>Or alternatively Rich Felker from musl libc.
>
>http://ewontfix.com/14/
>

>Tom

Thanks Tom,

Both of those are top notch. I have a feeling neither of them will want
to get down in the mud wrestling required for discussing that
ridiculous systemd, but Laurent Bercot would be perfect because he's
putting all of systemd's features into s6, **the sane way**. I'll email
him an ask him. He's usually annoyed with me because of my lack of
knowledge of init systems and my stubborn adherence to runit, but who
knows, maybe he'll do it.

By the way, the link you mentioned, http://ewontfix.com/14/ , changed
my life. Before reading that web page, my knowledge of an init system
was a magical black box I could never understand. After reading that
web page, I understood the basic architecture of a very simple init
system, and I gotta tell you, when it comes to init systems I very much
appreciate simplicity.

Thanks!

SteveT

Steve Litt