著者: sawbona
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
Hello:

On 15 Jun 2024 at 11:17, Peter Duffy wrote:

> Why is systemd not ...

For a very simple reason: systemd is part of a decades old, solidly
established agenda, not secret or hidden but in plain sight from the
very start.

> If it had been optional from the start ...

Put plainly:

I don't think that you can offer fermented shit (obviously free of
charge) as *optional* in a menu and reasonably expect anyone with a
basic sense of discernment to take you up on the offer.

If you *do* get any takers, be sure they are either certified idiots
with an excessive sense of curiosity, are getting something out of
eating shit or have no choice because of 'reasons' eg: their lives
are at risk.

That is the very reason for which it was never considered as optional
by the systemd crowd: no one in their sane mind would go for it so
they opted to rig the system and forcefully shove it down everyone's
throat.

> ... starts me thinking about the rollout of communism ...

Don't want to go off topic here, so I will only say this:

The comparison you are drawing, ie: the state of things in imperial
Russia in early 1917 vis-a-vis the state of things in Debian Linux in
late 2019 makes no sense whatsoever.

> ... possibility of forking systemd ...

Knock yourself out.

But you are forgetting that systemd flies in the face of absolutely
*everything* Unix/Linux philosophy stands for and that it was
invented as a *solution* looking for multiple problems albeit with
the sole purpose of wrecking the Linux ecosystem from within.

If you understood *that*, you would not be thinking about forking
systemd.

Save for the sole purpose of flushing it down the toilet.
Which is where shit belongs.

Best,

A.