:: Re: [devuan-mirrors] dev.beard.ly
Top Pagina
Auteur: Boian Bonev
Aan: Linux O'Beardly, devuan-mirrors
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-mirrors] dev.beard.ly
Hi,

You mention that you want to get included in DNSRRCC, do you want to serve
nearby countries (e.g. CA, MX, etc.) too?

For that to work, you need to configure your webserver to respond to hostnames
like us.deb.devuan.org, ca.deb.devuan.org, mx.deb.devuan.org, etc. like it
currently does for dev.beard.ly. Please note that to onefang and he will
configure after getting out of weekend mode :)

The thing that Jing Luo suggests is very nice but a symlink inside the mirrored
folder will not survive the next sync. Also a webserver redirect is harder
(compared to symlinks) to get right, IMHO. So let's make it with symlinks and
tell rsync not to remove them:

Add " --exclude devuan/devuan --exclude devuan/merged" to rsync options and (in
devuan folder):

ln -s . devuan
ln -s ../merged

PS. I suggest that because there may be people who already have your mirror's
old url in their /etc/apt/sources.list, even after the mirror list is updated,
their setup will remain broken.

HTH

With best regards,
b.