:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
On Sun, Jun 02, 2024 at 11:13:06AM +0200, Lorenz via Dng wrote:
> Maybe the mdev-like-a-boss repo can provide some inspiration for
> mdev config files
> https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss

My interest is in regards of the Devuan installer s/w, and (even
ignoring that github is microsoft) my goal is to find a maintainable
pre-packaged solution where the building of ISOs does not require any
deeper and more intimate knowledge about hotplugging and module

Though I suppose, given the difficulty of roping in people for it,
this ISO bulding s/w seems to be already a fair way away from average
package development skill/interest, and maybe an additional quirk with
some home-cooked hotplug handling won't change its future prospect.

Ralph.