:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Página Inicial
Autor: devuan
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan

On Sun, 26 May 2024 18:18:32 +0000
Christian Buhtz via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Am 26.05.2024 17:55 schrieb altoid via Dng:
> > I have had a good experience using BackInTime and TimeShift.
> > BIT for my /home/user and TS for my system.
>
> Nice to see that someone mentioned it before me. I am member of the
> current maintenance team (in 3rd generation) of Back In Time.

I always loved BIT, because of it using rsync in a background, with all of its features like de-duplication of files in the backup target, so greatly reducing needed space. Also the easy setting of the intervals, or the possibility to let it start on just plugging in your backup disk are great.

For the latter I now unfortunately get some (polkit?) error, as soon as I try to set it up, which I can not identify.
When trying to set udev rules in backintime-qt, so that it starts as soon as the matching disk is attached, the message "com.ubuntu.DeviceDriver.PermissionDeniedByPolicy:
net.launchpad.backintime.UdevRuleSave" appears, when clicking 'OK', and nothing gets saved.
(Posted here on 13.05., see also https://github.com/bit-team/backintime/issues/1719, @buhtz, I think you 'redirected' me to Devuan community for this)

If anyone knows that problem specifically on Devuan, help would be appreciated, to be able to use the BIT GUI again, instead of fiddling with the config on text level (which luckily we can), for future changes.

Thx,
Alexander