:: Re: [DNG] About the rust language
Página Inicial
Autor: kc-devuan
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] About the rust language
29 May 2024 01:47:37 Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> :-) You don't like C++ either, huh? I'd rather simulate OOP with
> structs and pointers to functions than use C++ :-).

:-)

I'm not a fan of OOP either to be honest. I like Object oriented design (no inheritance or dynamic polymorphism) but do not actually use Adas OOP features. I used to simulate limited safe pointers in C using functions that were provided arrays and sizeof array as an argument but it was non portable from Arm. So glad to be using Ada with arrays that know their bounds and can be indexed/ranged by enum.