:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Página Inicial
Autor: sawbona
Para: Christian Buhtz
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Hello:

On 26 May 2024 at 18:18, Christian Buhtz via Dng wrote:

> > ... a good experience using BackInTime ...
> Nice to see that someone mentioned it before me.

Indeed ...
BIT has saved my hide more than once.

Just this last week, after doing an unwilling Beowulf-> Chimaera ->
Daedalus upgrade, on the last leg my Wine setup went south.

While I am still waiting for a reply from WinHQ about the problem I
had, I ended up solving it by restoring the /home/user/.wine
directory from the last good BIT snapshot.

> ... a member of the current maintenance team ...

Thank you very much for your efforts.

BTW: I think we have exchanged emails over the course of a couple of
years regarding an unhandled exception occuring in a totally random
manner and as such, impossible to test or diagnose.

But you guys took it on and it *was* eventually fixed. 8^)

Good going. I think it was #99043.

Best,

A.