:: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid-gtk -- vers…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid-gtk -- versions? dhcp? unbound?
Hi,

On 30/4/24 19:42, aitor wrote:

> Today I'm going to update also the GUI [*] because it freezes during
> connection attempts despite of being an asynchronous process.
> This is due to the several linux signals that are being received from
> the netlink monitor during the ubus call. In order to keep the GUI
> responsive while all this is going on, I need to mask SIGUSR signals and
> stop the periodic reminder before the connection attempt,
> and restore them afterwards in the callback function passed to
> Glib::spawn_async_with_pipes ( )

I recommend to install simple-netaid-gtk2, version 1.0.7, tested in a fresh install of devuan daedalus.
Among other improvements and bugfixes, this version receives the available active wifis in json format:

$ ubus call ering.netaid scan_active_wifis '{ "ifname": "wlan0", "format": 1 }'

{

    "Cell 01": {

        "Address": ".......",

        "Quality": "51/70",

        "Encryption key": "on",

        "Essid": "......."

    },

    "Cell 02": {

        "Address": ".......",

        "Quality": "25/70",

        "Encryption key": "on",

    },

     etc...

}

I'm aware that actually the policy of snetaid is a bit of a mess due to the required backwards
compatibility with the non updated ncurses interface of simple-netaid. This is in my TODO list.

On the other hand, version 1.0.7 will allow you to install other dhcp clients like isc-dhcp-client
or udhcpc (the busybox version of dhcpcd), as suggested by al3xu5.

Cheers,

Aitor.