:: Re: [DNG] Wayland and Waydroid on D…
Author: Gianluca Zoni
To: Mario Marietto via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Wayland and Waydroid on Devuan 5
Hi,

Il 03-04-24, 00:32, Mario Marietto via Dng <dng@???> ha scritto:
>    Hello to everyone.
>    I would like to know if I can install Wayland and Waydroid on the Devuan 5
>    for amd64. Do you have some good detailed tutorials that I can read to
>    achieve these goals ? thanks.
>    --
>    Mario.

if you use X11, I recommend using `weston` instead of `wayland`

to start waydroid, I use these bash script

-------------------------------
$HOME/bin/start-waydroid.sh:
-------------------------------[start script]

#!/bin/sh

sudo waydroid container start &
weston &

if test -z "$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
then
    export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/$(id -u)
    if ! test -d "$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
    then
        mkdir --parents $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
        chmod 0700 $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
    fi
fi

export WAYLAND_DISPLAY="$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/wayland-1"

while test ! -e $WAYLAND_DISPLAY
do sleep 0.1
done

sleep 1
waydroid show-full-ui

---------------------------------[end script]

I also found these instructions below online, but they don't work
on my system. So I wrote the bash script above

----- online instructions: -------------------------[start]
you can simply start a weston session in your X11 session.
Weston package sould be shipped within repos of every popular
distribution. No need to restart X, it will run as normal window.

- Start a terminal and execute:
waydroid session start &

- Start weston manager (simply with Alt+F2 or from that terminal
that you already started)

- go into the weston, and start terminal there (look onto left
upper corner) in this terminal execute:
waydroid show-full-ui

bye

--