:: Re: [DNG] question on programming (…
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] question on programming (maybe OT???)
On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 11:51 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???>
wrote:

> o1bigtenor via Dng said on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 06:25:18 -0500
>

> >Fan motors are actually EC motors - - - control is using a 0-10V
> >control.
>
> Easier still. Assuming that 0-10V is low current, just run the voltage
> out to the fan on a wire, and have the controller in a nice, heated
> room with your main compututer.

Don't have enough knowledge to know but the motor draws some 5.x
A @ 120V or almost 3 @ 230V so its not exactly computer power
kind of fan country but its not that big. (There are some models available
with a 2 m blade system and they run somewhat over a kW in draw at
full output but I don't need anything of that size for this iteration!)

Fan system is some 100 m from the main computer - - - - and as wiring
isn't anywhere close to 'free' there will be a ucontroller of some type in
the facility which will be monitored at the very least from a distance.
(Still will be some 40 ish m from the control to the furthest point of
control! This is not 'standard' residential stuff - - - grin!)

Thanks for the ideas!