:: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like abo…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Smith
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like about Desktop Environments?
On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 07:51:01 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Other than drag and drop, I'm trying to figure out why some people
> prefer using a Desktop Environment over just a Window Manager and a
> bunch of a-la-carte applications. So two questions:
>
> 1) What benefits do you see besides drag and drop?
>
> 2) How important is drag and drop in the way you use your computer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
>
> Autumn 2023 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21

I've been using XFCE with Devuan for years, and find it just works and
doesn't get in the way of what I'm doing.

Question - What would it look like (and need technically) to run XFWM
alone and launch apps from that? Just curious.

--
Perpetual Calendar - https://www.1r5.co
+ 1.000 femto-pinches of NaCl