:: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like abo…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like about Desktop Environments?
tito via Dng - 23.12.23, 16:34:03 CET:
> > 1) What benefits do you see besides drag and drop?
>
> I think that it is rather simple: for the most people out there
> in the beginning there was "windows" and if they change
> for some reason to linux (usually annoyed by something
> MIcrosoft did, thus giving the energy to break the principle
> of maximum laziness or inertia) they just want the same
> experience as before (just without Microsoft) thereby confirming
> the law of maximum laziness.

I started with C-64 and then had Amigas. Switching to Windows from Amiga
felt like a downgrade for me, so I never did it. It just did not make
sense to me. It was Linux with KDE since then. A short time SUSE at work,
but quickly enough Debian. Now Devuan. I also peek into Alpine and like
the simplicity there and how small a minimal installation with just SSH
and without GUI is. And how fast they upgrade packages. I can upgrade 10
servers with Alpine in the time I use for one Debian / Devuan server at
least when the upgrade would have more than 5 to 10 packages. But I did
not yet test it for a desktop.

I do not like to change often. Once something works for me, I stick to it.
Unless I see a great enough benefit to switch.

--
Martin