:: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like abo…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like about Desktop Environments?
On Dec 23, 2023, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Other than drag and drop, I'm trying to figure out why some people
> prefer using a Desktop Environment over just a Window Manager and a
> bunch of a-la-carte applications. So two questions:
>
> 1) What benefits do you see besides drag and drop?

More terminal windows :) (although honestly, I use both a DE and WM on
different machines -- the main PC is awesomewm, the older PC is XFCE).
Really came down to "I was less experienced 10 years ago when I
installed Debian Squeeze or Wheezy, and so went with XFCE as I was
jumping ship on the daily-driver from Ubuntu to Debian). Or maybe it
was something before XFCE, and XFCE came later when I upgraded that one
to Devuan Jessie / Ascii. The new machine was purely netinst of
Beowulf, and tacked on awesomewm afterwards.

> 2) How important is drag and drop in the way you use your computer?

It's not.

--
|_|O|_|