:: Re: [DNG] (runit) Can emacs daemon …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Lorenz
Aan: Alexandros Prekates
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] (runit) Can emacs daemon become a user service ?
Il giorno gio 7 dic 2023 alle ore 17:19 Alexandros Prekates
<aprekates@???> ha scritto:

> Thank you for the reply . I think for the time i will start
> emacs daemon as a system wide script.
> But general i want to ask whether for a service management system
> in theory should matter if it handles user services or system services .

For runit's runsvdir (the component that does the supervision) it doesn't,
and the same goes for daemontools and s6, they are all modular.

> Why an 'init system' that initiates certain system wide services and
> supervise them would be different from an user init system that
> initializes user services and supervises them ?

I think there is a misunderstanding: when I write init, I mean PID 1,
while you probably include everything that is shipped inside the
runit package (?).