:: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped
Joel Roth via Dng said on Mon, 4 Dec 2023 12:31:30 -1000

>Also, I had experiences recently that Firefox completely
>captured the sound device while producing no sound, I had to kill and
>restart FF to restore sound. Or delete and restore an individual
>tab where the process had captured the soundcard.
>The FF plugin Switch to Audible Tab can be helpful.

My finding lately has been that Firefox is a slow, buggy, glitchy,
crashy pig that often refuses to play sound.

The only reason I keep Firefox around is for those rare situations when
Qutebrowser (my favorite), Chromium, Otter-browser, Midori, Eolie,
and even Vimb fail to do what I need.

By the way, before somebody mentions Palemoon, I don't use it because
of the following:

https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Thanks,

SteveT